Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Lori Glazier or Vicki May in our HR Department.
Location: Enid, OK
Type of Employment: Full Time
Service Writer Job Function
Maintain accurate and on-time reports and records relative to the service department’s operation within the dealership. Assures all charges related to work orders are posted properly. Assures all work orders are closed on a timely basis. Processes warranty and Product Improvement Claims. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers and employees in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
Service Writer Essential Duties
- Post the previous workday’s time every morning. Enter each technician’s time in the business system and payroll system every morning.
- Complete a technician’s time in the business system and payroll system by 10:00 am on the day payroll is processed.
- Post outside labor, outside materials, and mileage charges to work orders every morning.
- Open work orders as directed by the Service Manager/Shop Foreman and maintain control until closed and invoiced. Maintain an internal work order log.
- Print previews of completed work orders and review before submitting to the service manager for final review. Prior to closing the work orders, review the work order preview for correct customer, sale type, general ledger accounts, labor codes, miscellaneous codes, outside labor and material charges, mileage charges, and appropriate segments.
- Print a work order log every Monday and review any work orders older than two weeks.
- Review warranty claim work order segments for accuracy in general ledger accounts and parts price codes.
- Handle warranty claims including computation of charges, submission, and follow-up. Submit new warranty claims to John Deere and other short lines within 2 business days of the warranty segment being closed.
- Review the warranty log every week for any John Deere outstanding claims older than one week. Review any other line outstanding warranty claims older than three weeks.
- Handle service department filing and records. Filing of invoices and technician instruction sheets should be completed on a weekly basis.
- Update customer profiles using equipment, hours or other information from the customer work orders.
- Print a preview of all monthly work orders prior to the last business day of the month and review for correct labor codes and labor classes.
- Assist the corporate staff by providing requested information in a timely manner.
- Complete administrative duties as needed or assigned, including answering phones, copying, scanning, filling, cleaning, and other tasks.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Service Writer Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and internet functions.
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
Service Writer Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive Pay Based On Experience
- Strong Benefit Package
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Match
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
AROUND HERE, JOHN DEERE STARTS WITH P&K.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!