Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email Lori Glazier or Vicki May in our HR Department.
Location: Norman, OK
Type of Employment: Full Time
Service Manager Summary:
Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel.
Service Manager Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year service or management experience in Service Department operations or related field required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Lawn & Garden Service Manager Preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience as a Agriculture Service Manager preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and internet functions.
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
Service Manager Pay & Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Company sponsored Healthcare starts the first day of the month after you start with P&K)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401k Match
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Starting Day 1 with P&K!)
Service Manager Essential Duties:
- Develops and follows an annual service budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational goals.
- Recruits and hires service personnel and develops and retains key talent through individual development plans.
- Coordinates recruiting of new talent utilizing local Ag technician training programs.
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal.
- Ensures that all manufacturer warranty and Product Improvement Program (PIP) claims are completed and filed in a timely manner according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Schedules and assigns job and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of service vehicles, correctly maintains vehicles and completes required maintenance records.
- Coordinates dealership training program and service-related customer clinics.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times, inside and outside the dealership.
- Monitors metrics on a monthly basis to assure achievement of departmental goals.
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
If you meet the above qualifications for our Service Manager position, please apply today!
AROUND HERE, JOHN DEERE STARTS WITH P&K.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!